TOUR Performance Golf Center
WORLD CLASS PRACTICE AND COACHING EXPERIENCE IN MISSISSAUGA. Situated between Southern Ontario’s largest highway and downtown Toronto, TPGC is Canada’s state of the art indoor practice facility. With two hitting bays fully equipped with Trackman technology, putting area, corporate event space, TPGC is the ultimate golf experience.
Are you looking to improve your golf game over the winter? Have you ever thought about winter golf lessons? If you’re looking to take your game to the next level, win your club championship, or beat your buddies next season; this is the time of year to take charge of your game.
Every spring, I get a flood of phone calls, text messages and emails about golf lessons. “When can you fit me into your schedule. I want to break 80 this year!” Or the classic message “I’ve got a corporate tournament in a week, can you fix my swing.” I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not how it works. Making changes in your golf game is a process and it takes time and effort. Everyone is looking for that quick fix and they truly do not understand what it takes to change a swing fault that is plaguing their results. It is simply unrealistic to think we can improve our golf game by just watching Youtube instructional videos, Instagram videos, reading golf tips from a magazine or just hitting balls at your local indoor golf facility.
Here’s 10 things you need to consider if you’re looking to improve your golf game come spring 2020…
- Find a coach that you trust!
- Find a coach that has a proven track record and experience in developing golfers of all skill levels.
- Find a coach that you enjoy hanging out with! You want someone to chat with about other topics not related to golf. Nothing is worse than being with someone for an hour and you don’t enjoy your time with them.
- Find a facility that is equipped with the right technology to help you reach those goals. One of the best pieces of technology to help golfers improve their game is Trackman.
- Find a facility that you’re able to practice at during the winter months. Being able to hit balls on a simulator that has the ability to give you club head and golf ball data parameters will be extremely beneficial.
- Homework! Your coach should lay out specific drills that you can do at home or at work. These drills should not require you to hit golf balls. Building body awareness and rehearsal feels with the club is crucial to changing or improving a pattern. By taking away the result of the shot, (hitting the golf ball) will result in faster results because you will commit to the change, opposed to looking for a desired ball flight.
- Find a strength and conditioning coach/program. Becoming stronger, faster, increasing range of motion are all things that will help develop body awareness, stability and power.
- Get your golf clubs fit! Ensuring you’re using the correct golf clubs is extremely important to playing great golf. The team at Modern Golf is extremely knowledgeable and will help get you into the correct set of clubs for your game.
- Stick to the plan and process! You and your coach should sit down and create a roadmap for your journey. This will ensure that both parties are held accountable and you’re able to track your progress.
- PLAY GOLF! Once spring arrives, you should be ready to go. The best way to learn, develop new skills and gain experience is by actually playing the game. Golf is the only sport that you generally do not practice on the same field (course) like other sports. In golf, the majority of our practice comes either on the driving range, practice short game/putting green or indoors on a golf simulator. So get out there and play!
Let us know what your goals are this winter. Don’t wait until the spring and expect to reach those goals, start your journey now!